We love to see you in person — but we know that's not always possible given how busy life can be. That's why we offer free mobile deposit — so you can deposit checks, at your convenience, from anywhere.*
This secure service is now integrated into our free mobile app. Download the app to your smartphone or tablet today — then simply contact us to enroll in mobile deposit!
- Deposit checks for free, on the go, from anywhere*
- Convenient feature integrated into our mobile app
- Available for your Apple® or Android™ device
- Save a trip to the branch
- See funds deposited faster
- Fast, easy and secure
- Download the free mobile banking app to your smartphone now:
How to Deposit a Check Using Mobile Deposit
It's easy! First, make sure you have our free mobile banking app, then contact us to enroll in mobile deposit. Checks must be endorsed with your signature and must have this phrase legibly printed above or below your signature: "For Mobile Deposit Only."
Then follow these easy steps in the mobile banking app:
- Tap on the 3 lines in the upper left corner of the app.
- Tap "Remote Deposit" in the task area on the left side.
- Tap on the "+" sign in the upper right hand corner of the app.
- Tap the app and snap a picture of the corresponding side of the check.
- Tap "Deposit to" and select which registered account you want to deposit to.
- Tap "Amount" and enter the amount of the deposit.
- Tap "Submit" — and that's it!
See our FAQs below for more details.
Q: What is mobile deposit?
A: Mobile deposit is a secure way to deposit checks 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere, using the camera feature on your mobile device and the Bank of Weston mobile app.
Q: How do I enroll?
A: Contact one of our representatives at any Bank of Weston location, or send us a secured email request by logging into your internet banking account and clicking the Contact link in the upper right area of the site and from there you may submit a new message to our processing center.
Q: What are the requirements?
- An active Bank of Weston online banking account
- A deposit eligible Bank of Weston checking, savings, or money market account
- The Bank of Weston Mobile app
- An iPhone running iOS 6.0 or later or an Android device, with a camera
Q: Are there any fees with this service?
A: Bank of Weston does NOT charge for the service. However, other fees from our standard fee schedule may be applied. Example of these fees are returned item and overdraft fees.
Q: How do I deposit a check with my phone?
A: Sign in to the Bank of Weston Mobile app then:
- Tap on the 3 lines in the upper left corner of the app
- Tap Remote Deposit in the task area on the left side
- Tap on the + sign in the upper right hand corner of the app
- Tap the app and snap a picture of the corresponding side of the check
- Tap Deposit to and select which registered account you want the deposit to
- Tap Amount and enter the amount of the deposit
- Tap Submit
Q: What happens if I make a mistake?
A: If you notice that the amount you enter is different from the one on the check, we will adjust the amount and the correct amount will be reflected on the confirmation email you receive. Also, if you have more than one account listed, and you select the wrong account, you can always wait until your deposit becomes available and then you can easily transfer the money into the account you intended through your mobile app.
Q: What type of checks can I deposit?
A: Checks drawn on a U.S. bank in U.S. dollars that is made payable to the owners of the account.
Some examples of deposits we DO NOT accept via this service include:
- Third Party checks, Re-Deposited Checks, Money Orders, Travelers Checks, Savings Bonds, Foreign Checks and Bill Payment checks.
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
- Checks dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit, postdated, or not dated
- Checks payable to "Cash"
You may continue to deposit these items by 1) visiting any one of our locations, 2) mail in your deposit to Bank of Weston, P.O. Box 8, Weston MO 64098, or 3) making the deposit at one of our deposit approved ATM's.
Q: How should I endorse my check?
A: Checks must be endorsed with your signature and legibly printing the phrase: "For Mobile Deposit Only" either above or beneath your signature.
Q: When are the funds available?
A: Items deposited prior to the end of business (4pm CST) will be available the next business day. Deposits after the end of business (4pm CST), will be available on the second business day. Bank of Weston may delay availability of funds in accordance to Regulation CC Expedited Funds Availability.
Q: What can I do to ensure the check is not rejected during the capture process?
- Verify the endorsement includes your signature and legibly print the endorsement "For Mobile Deposit Only" above or below your signature.
- Hold your device flat above check and make sure the check is in focus.
- Make sure your check is not wrinkled and that the full micr-line is readable.
- Place the check on a dark, non-reflective background in a well-lit area.
- Make sure the corners of the check are not cut-off
- Make sure the image is not too light or too dark. ** A flash may be required for low light areas**
- Make sure the image is not blurry.
Q: Are there any deposit limits?
A: Yes, our standard maximum amount limits are $5,000 per day/per item with a maximum of $10,000 per calendar month. The number of deposit limits are 5 checks per day with a maximum of 10 checks per calendar month.
Q: What should I do with the check after I deposit it?
A: Once the check has been successfully deposited you should mark them as being electronically deposited (to prevent accidental re-depositing them), and securely retain the check for 14 days from deposit to ensure proper posting to your account. After that time make sure to destroy the check by shredding it or using another secure method of destruction to help prevent identity theft or mis-use. *** You agree to not re-present the item for deposit/payment at our institution or any other financial institution and understand that a duplicate presentment of an item may cause your mobile deposit privileges to be terminated***
Q: How do I cancel the Mobile Deposit Service?
A: If you wish to terminate the service, please contact a Bank Representative, submit a written notice to Bank of Weston, P.O. Box 8, Weston MO 64098, or request the service be disabled through your internet banking secured email service.